Medication non-adherence is arguably the leading cost driver in the healthcare ecosystem, leading to increased hospitalizations, emergency room visits and ultimately morbidity and premature mortality. This results in an additional cost to the Canadian and U.S. healthcare system of $300 billion annually. Non-adherence is a complex behavioral challenge.
Unique, detectable, patent-pending digital fingerprints contained within your medicine allows non-invasive adherence verification – either orally or through injection. The nGageIT system improves medication adherence and overall effectiveness to ensure the health and wellness of patients. This helps create smarter, patient-specific solutions.
nGageIT facilitates “site-less” clinical trials by detecting the point of ingestion of the patient with their oral medication and autonomously transmitting this data to the cloud for every dose which allows investigators to verify adherence remotely or from the patients’ location in real-time. Patients can be monitored from their home or office or wherever they may be, in a truly site-less fashion. (more)
Physicians and Life science companies need real-life experience of patients gathered by custom sensors that detect the ingestion of oral medications and detect the sub-cutaneous injection of self-administered medications.
Critical Insights Dynamically Improve Patient Outcomes
Engaged Patients & Practitioners
- nGageIT engages patients through a seamless, easy to use unique portable sensing device capable of detecting and verifying medications ingested by patients.
- Patients can track and monitor their health and adherence status on their mobile devices.
- Verified and optimized medication adherence analytics in real time helps physicians understand current patient statuses and improve patient outcomes through enhanced and preventative personalized care.
Critical Data & Insights
- Critical insights into medication treatment effectiveness and patient health patterns
- nGageIT’s APIs can integrate with leading physiologic monitors and tracking systems, analyzing data and producing incredible insights on care system, treatment paths, patient behaviors and outcomes.
- Machine learning and predictive analytics help drive preventative patient care and solve problems before they happen.
The World Health Organization estimates that for every additional dollar spent on improving medication adherence, medical costs would be reduced by $7 for people with diabetes, $5.10 for people with high cholesterol, and $3.98 for people with high blood pressure.